You can apply for Tufts Health Direct, our individual and small-group plan, in any of the following ways:
- Go to MAhealthconnector.org.
- Create a new account, or log in to your existing account.
- Complete an online application.
- Submit your completed application to learn about your eligibility (you may find out right away).
- Learn about your health plan options, including Tufts Health Plan, and select a plan.
- Download, print, and fill out an application form.
- Mail the completed and signed application form to:
Health Insurance Processing Center
P.O. Box 4405
Taunton, MA 02780
- You can also fax your application to MassHealth at 617-887-8770; if you fax, write your Social Security number on each page.
- Watch your mail for the state’s decision about your eligibility.
- Call the Health Connector at 877-623-6765 (TTY: 877-623-7773), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and during open enrollment, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Once your enrollment form is approved and processed, your coverage will begin on the first day of the month of your requested effective date.
You may also apply for Tufts Health Direct outside of open enrollment, if one or more qualifying events apply.
Paying your premium
If you apply for and enroll in a plan through the Health Connector, it’s important to pay your premium (if you owe one) by the payment deadline. If you miss your payment deadline, your coverage will not start on the first of the following month. Learn more.
Need help enrolling?
Call us at 888-257-1985 to make an appointment with an Enrollment Specialist at one of our convenient locations during Open Enrollment.
Not eligible for a subsidy?
If you're an individual who is not eligible for a state or federal subsidy to help pay for the cost of your health plan, you can apply for Tufts Health Direct coverage through our partner HSA Insurance. HSA is the region's largest insurance marketplace for individuals and small business. Easily compare plans, enroll, and pay online in just minutes.
Take action early. Learn about your coverage options and enroll in Tufts Health Direct today.
Looking for small-group coverage?
If you're an employer looking for affordable small-group coverage, you can apply for Tufts Health Direct coverage through our partner HSA Insurance. HSA is the region's largest insurance marketplace for individuals and small business. Easily compare plans, enroll, and pay online in just minutes.
Take action early. Learn about group coverage options and enroll in Tufts Health Direct today.
Call us at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 888-391-5535), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We're happy to help.