You can apply for MassHealth in any of the following ways:
- Download, print, and fill out an application form.
- Mail the completed and signed application form to:
Health Insurance Processing Center
P.O. Box 4405
Taunton, MA 02780
- You can also fax your application to MassHealth at 617-887-8770; if you fax, write your social security number on each page.
- Watch your mail for the state’s decision about your eligibility.
- Go to MAhealthconnector.org.
- Create a new account.
- Complete an online application.
- Submit your completed application to learn about your eligibility (you may find out right away).
- Learn about your health plan options, including Tufts Health Plan, and select a plan.
- Call the Health Connector at 877-623-6765 (TTY: 877-623-7773), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and during Open Enrollment, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Once your enrollment form is approved and processed, your coverage will begin on the first day of the month of your requested effective date.
You may also apply outside of Open Enrollment, if one or more qualifying events apply.
Questions? Need Help?
Call us at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 888-391-5535), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We're happy to help.